Every commercial roofing system has its advantages and disadvantages. As a business owner, you understand that no system is perfect; however, there is a best option for your commercial roof. At Sparks Roofing, we believe in metal roofing. It’s a durable, long-lasting material that returns a positive ROI due to avoiding costly repairs and replacements during its lifespan. Also, it saves you money on energy costs, as it reflects some radiant heat from the sun away from your building. In this article, you will find the pros and cons of a metal roof for your commercial building.
Commercial Metal Roof Pros And Cons
- The cost of a metal roof is more expensive than other roofing options. This may deter commercial building owners from choosing the metal material up front. However, the con of metal costing more is a pro in the long run, which can save you money in durability and resistance.
- You will need a long term interest in your property to take advantage of the durability of the metal material. If you’re not going to be at the property for more than 20 years, an asphalt roof or other material may be the better choice.
- A metal roof is extremely durable and long lasting. You will see metal roofs last anywhere between 30 and 50 years, depending on installation. Compared to other materials, you will need to pay twice as much to keep a roof on your building in most other materials than the one-time cost of a metal roof.
- You’ll find that a metal roof is fungus and moss proof. This means that you do not have to worry about the growth of mold from spores due to the presence of the metal on your roof. What’s more, the common fungus or moss afflictions found on other roofing materials simply do not exist with metal.
- If you live in a wooded area, a metal roof is pest and rodent proof. Unlike asphalt roofing material, a metal roof is extremely hard to bend and remove from the roof by rodents or other pests. This means that there is a reduced chance of these critters getting into your building by way of your roof.
- A fire resistant roof is a safer roof. Metal is fire resistant. A metal roof is fire resistant, too. This means that any type of fire hazard that ends up on your roof will not burn through to your building. In fact, your roof will last longer than the other materials on your building when it comes to fire resistance.
- A metal roof is environmentally friendly. You can recycle the material when you’re done with it, or you can purchase recycled metal to roof your building. It’s a sustainable material that many businesses enjoy.
Sparks Roofing: Your Commercial Metal Roof Experts
After decades of serving Nashville and Clarksville, Sparks Roofing has become one of the top roofing experts in Tennessee. When you’re in need of a new commercial roof system, give us a call. We’re happy to get you an estimate and work with you to find the right metal roof for your building.