As a homeowner in Nashville, you understand the importance of keeping your home in proper condition. The roof being one of the most important home features you must address. Unfortunately, most homeowners forget about their roofs until there is an issue. At Sparks Roofing, we want to help you, homeowner, understand the benefits of paying attention to the state of your roof and installing a new asphalt shingle roof before you need it. In this post, we’ll share the 26 benefits of choosing asphalt shingle roofing for your home.
26 Asphalt Shingle Roofing Benefits
It’s common for homeowners to make roofing material decisions based on price, but what about all the other benefits roofing materials offer? Here are the 26 benefits of asphalt shingle roofing:
- Large selection of colors
- Large selection of textures
- Large selection of shingle styles
- Shingle styles can look like wood, slate, or cedar
- Various pricing options
- Extremely cost-effective
- 100-plus years of usage proof
- 50-year material life expectancy
- Ideal weight for optimum home protection
- Little-to-no leaking problems
- Durable, tough, and strong
- Maximum uplift resistance
- Maximum fire resistance
- Easy to install
- Easy to repair
- Virtually no maintenance needed
- No structural additions to support material weight
- Ice stops not needed
- Wide product availability
- Wide selection of qualified installers
- Recyclable at end of use
- Most major cities provide asphalt shingle recycling
- Recycled shingles can be used for roofing
- Shingle scrap is recycled or repurposed
- Information resources available to find recycled material
Why Choose Asphalt Shingles For Your Roof
As mentioned above, there are dozens of benefits to going with asphalt shingles for your home, but we want to go in depth with a few of them so you really understand why Sparks Roofing wants to help you make the best decision for your home roof as possible:
- Beauty — Asphalt shingles offer a wide variety of styles, colors, and types to better fit your home aesthetic. If you want to improve curb appeal and install a reliable roof, shingles are the way to go.
- Cost-Effective — It’s hard to be beauty and affordability when it comes to roofing materials. In most cases, the higher the aesthetic value of a material, the higher the cost. What’s great about asphalt roofing shingles is that your cost increases next to nothing when you go with a nicer looking shingle.
- Eco-Friendly — Next to some metals, asphalt shingles are one of the most eco-friendly roofing materials on the market. Once they reach the end of their lifespan, they can be recycled and used for a variety of other uses, like concrete and other roofs.
- Performance — How many roofing materials have you come across that last 50 years? Asphalt roofing is one of the, if not the only, roofing material that can last half of a century. Metal roofing has been shown to last quite a long time, as well. However, Asphalt shingle roofing is a great investment in your home.
Sparks Roofing serves Nashville and the greater area with asphalt shingle and metal roofing services. Whether you need an inspection, quote, repair, or installation, we are here to help. Want to discuss your project more? Give us a call today!